5.12.2009

My life is complete!


Honey Nut Chex has been one of my all-time favorite cereals for as long as I can remember. While I wasn't that put out when I found out I couldn't eat gluten (and they contained gluten), I was incredibly happy when I heard that they'd be gluten free by this June. My Uncle Dave works for General Mills and shared the happy news with me a few months ago. I don't think he was expecting the reaction he got out of me. In fact, I'd venture to say that he was startled and somewhat appalled by my ecstacy.

Well, I heard a rumor that Target had GF Honey Nut Chex (and Corn Chex!) the other day. So I went to check it out...it was a trumor! I opened the box on the way home from the store, had a bowl for dinner, and then had a bowl for breakfast this morning. I'm not sick of them yet...

I am such a happy person!

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

that is GREAT news!!!! I am so happy for you too!

Lizzie said...

Hey, I had those for breakfast this morning! Although not the GF ones.

Anonymous said...

BB:

Hoooooooray for GF!

What in the world has taken General Mills, and other similar companies, so long, given of the size of the market out there?

Anyway, good for you! And, hooooooooray that GM is making progress!

Te amo,

Dad

Preethi said...

I've been meaning to mention that to you. All our Chex cereals are now GF, except for Wheat and Multigrain. So feel free to try Corn, Rice, Honey Nut, Strawberry, Chocolate, Cinnamon...

Also, we're coming out with some Betty Crocker GF baking mixes in June. I was going to send my samples with Becca when she went out to Utah a few weeks ago, but I ended up not seeing her right before. :(