10.27.2008

Yummy!


So for FHE tonight my apartment was in charge of the activity.  So, of course, I came up with the brilliant idea of making caramel apples (and by "came up with the brilliant idea," I mean that I copied my friends FHE activity from last week).  It was such a blast!  I just thought I would share the recipe we used...

CARAMEL APPLES

6 apples
14 oz individually wrapped caramels (unwrapped of course) 
2 tbs milk

DIRECTIONS

1.  Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top.  Butter a baking sheet.
2.  Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once.  Allow to cool briefly.
3.  Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated.  Place on prepared sheet to set.

They turned out great.  My only suggestion is that you make sure your apples are washed and dry before you use them.  And try not to get waxy apples...they make it so the caramel doesn't set very well.  Also, we melted the caramels in the microwave and then put the gooey caramel in a pot on the stove on low so that it stayed at a good consistency.  When you dunk the apples, make sure you let them sit there for a sec so that the caramel can start setting.  Also, there will be lots of excess so make sure you get it off.  I guess I had more than one suggestion.  Anyway...happy fall!

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Sounds slighly difficult. How about you just come over to my house & make me one? :) Looks so yummy.

Unknown said...

Great idea for a girl's night out! Thanks Missy!

Josh and Lar said...

so I just found your blog, and I'm really happy about that!

Tanner Mills said...

yay!...i didnt have any.