6.22.2008

Thanks Hamilton...

I was preparing a visiting teaching message today and it reminded me of one of my favorite quotes of all time.  So, I dug through some old documents and found it so that I could share it with my message.

"There is no way of deciding what is spiritually fortunate or unfortunate at the time; our most grievous calamities are often seen later to have borne the fruit of greatest happiness, and what appeared to be at the moment our largest prosperities have turned later to ashes in our hands.  The final value of every experience depends on its spiritual result.  No one can tell what seed is in the soil until the harvest is borne; the seed of apparent bitterness often brings forth the flowers of peace."

Hamilton Wright Maybe


Thanks, Hamilton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meeeeesh:

Love this quote and have used it several times.

Love you more!

Dad