3.30.2008

Vitamin D


So lately I have been ridiculously grateful for the sunshine for a few reasons. The number-one eternal reason for sunshine love is the fact that it makes me tan. We all know I love that (we also know how much my parents hate that). Anyway, there is a new reason why I love the sunshine (which, now that I think about it, could kind of the be original reason why I loved the sun I just didn't know it). Wow that was a really bad sentence. Anyway. The new reason I love the sunshine is because it gives me vitamin D. Vitamin D makes me happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands. Just kidding. Recently I was reading an article that said that (one of) the only proven alleviators of Fibromyalgia pain is vitamin D. I believed them because I have noticed a substantial improvement in my fatigue and other symptoms as the sun has been shining more regularly. So that made me go out to Good Earth and buy some vitamin D supplements. I was also very happy to find that the vitamin D supplements are really cool looking. They are like little beads of clear liquidness. Amazing. I love vitamin D. But I like the real stuff best.

Oh PS the whole point of this post was really to tell you that I looked out the window this morning and what did I see? Snow on the ground. And I was furious. So what did I do? I popped a vitamin D pill just because I could.

3 comments:

Preethi said...

a) I adore the sun. I don't think I've ever had spring fever as bad as I do this season. Probably because I want it to be May for other reasons, as well.

b) You need to read www.dooce.com because she is very very funny and sometimes makes me guffaw at my cube at work and because she has incessantly complained about the cold in Salt Lake for the past 6 months.

Becca said...

I am a sun worshiper. You know that. Heck, I don't even care as much about being tan - I just want it to be sunny so I will be happy for my hubby. :(

Anonymous said...

My Meesh:

I am grateful for the sun and the light it provides.

And, I am grateful for the Son and the light He provides.

And, I am grateful for you and the light you give everyone.

You make a difference, everywhere.

Love, Dadrvtvwrt